Goal Review from 05/29/2013
- Read Your Competition Handgun Training Program by Mike Seeklander: partial success, made it about 75%
- Lunchtime: Weight training (OHP and squat focus): success, fixed my form issues on squats and moved OHP to over 40% of my bodyweight.
- PM: Mental training, grip strength training: Success. Reviewed two chapters from the Book of Five Rings on the mind, worked with my IMTug grip trainer.
Daily Training Goals: 05/30/2013
- Finish Mike Seeklander’s book
- Detail strip and inspect 440, field strip and inspect 619
- Clean and inspect all match magazines
- Inventory remaining ammo supply
Not the sexiest training goals today, however if I accomplish number 1, I’ll be able to start the actual training program in Mike’s book on Friday. One thing I do believe firmly is that maintenance of your gear is just as much a part of training as actually using your gear. If I can’t count on my gun to work, that affects my mental game, if my mental game is off it’s going to affect my shooting.