I was kicking around ideas for bringing more shooters to Bianchi Cup. One of the things I’d like to see would be a Single Stack division for Bianchi. Now, to make it fair and differentiate it from Metallic, they’d have to put certain rules in place. Here’s what my (currently) imaginary Bianchi Cup Single Stack/Retro division would look like:
1. Guns must be chambered in .45 ACP.
2. Barrel Length cannot exceed the length of a standard government sized 1911, namely 5 inches.
3. Trigger pull must be 3.5 pounds or heavier.
4. Sights must be of a standard notch and post configuration, no aristocrat or Bo-Mar Rib sights.
5. No bull barrels, guns must use standard bushing style lock up.
For whatever reason, I think this would be cool. I don’t think it would draw as many shooters as Production division, but it would be very traditional. The 1911 in .45 ACP with a 200 grain semi-wadcutter bullet was the hot ticket in competition shooting 30 years ago, and I have to admit it would be cool to see it playing in Bianchi Cup again.