So I thought up this course of fire while shooting at Badlands Gun Range, and decided to name it the Badlands Challenge. The course is simple:
- 5 shots WHO, 5 yards, 10 sec par, low ready start
- 5 shots SHO, 10 yards, 10 sec par, concealed start
- 5 shots freestyle, 15 yards, 7 seconds, concealed start
- 5 shots freestyle 20 yards, 10 seconds, concealed start
- 5 shots freestyle 25 yards, 15 seconds, concealed start
If you watch the video, you’ll see that shooting it cold I shot a 245-18x. I could have cleaned it, but I got a little carried away at the 10 yard string and dropped a five. The par times are REALLY LONG, because the point of the COF is to get you to shoot accurately, not fast. That being said it’s quite possible at 20 yards to run out of time if you’re not paying attention to what you’re doing. I shot both 20 and 25 in about 9 seconds each.
Penalties are simple. Miss = 0 points. Over time shot = lose the highest scoring shot on the target. Extra shot: lose the two highest scoring shots on the target. So for example if you shoot 6 in a string instead of 5, you’ll only end up getting four scored hits, and the two best hits on the paper won’t count. Savage.
Must be shot on a Bianchi Cup target to count!